Last updated on December 12th, 2022 at 05:26 am
I am sitting here wondering, which is the best TV to buy in Kenya?
Well, as always, I decided to do some research online to see what others are buying?
This has always been my go-to strategy when stuck on what to buy, where to eat, or go, and that is why there are reviews on every online shop in Kenya.
So, for the next 3 hours or so, I came up with a list of the best TVs in Kenya. Later on, we will dive deeper into each TV and discuss what makes it worth it and how to pick the best TV in Kenya.
In Kenya, there are several TV models, with new ones coming in every day. Here are some of the best TV to buy in Kenya and their prices.
- Haier 32” Digital LED TV LE32 – goes for Ksh 11,699
- CTC 25FR24CT2 – 24″ Digital Full HD LED TV – going for Ksh 6,599
- Infinix 43”, Full HD Android TV In-built Wi-Fi – selling at KSh 25,999
- Hisense 32B6600PA – 32″ Android Full HD Smart TV – going for Ksh 17,500
- LG 24″ INCHES LED DIGITAL TV WITH FREE TO AIR CHANNELS-USB PORT – get it for KSh 11,599
- Samsung UA32N5000AK – 32″ – HD LED Digital TV – selling at Ksh 18,190
That is a quick overview of the list I came up with the TVs I’d buy. To get the list, i sampled all the TV reviews on Jumia Kenya, by looking at the top TVs with 4 stars and above.
As you can see, they are mixed up, as in both digital and smart TVs in Kenya. Depending on what you want, you have both the best smart TVs and digital TVs in Kenya.
Now, let’s get down to answer the question:
What to consider when buying a TV in Kenya
Here are some things to consider when buying a TV in Kenya.
- The screen size – screen size of the TV matters a lot when it comes to buying because you want a set that won’t make you strain every time you are watching. Also, it should fit perfectly into the available space in your house.
- Budget – how much are willing to spend on a TV? Remember that more often, larger screen size TVs tend to cost more than the smaller ones. Also, I realized that most Kenyans love 32 inch TVs in Kenya.
- Screen resolution – this affects the sharpness of the pictures. And this is influenced by horizontal pixel lines. For example, a 720p TV means that it has only 720 horizontal lines scan at each instance. A 1080p means that it is full HD (High Definition) and better than 720p. Next after this is Ultra-HD (UHD) and also referred to as 4K. Shows better images with quality sharpness.
- Refresh rate – this measures the rate at which your TV refreshes images and is measured in Hertz (Hz). Typically, most TVs in Kenya have Hz of 60Hz (or 60 times per second). Simply, the higher the refresh rate, the better the image.
With that said, let’s look into each of the TVs we mentioned above more deeply.
Infinix 43”, Full HD Android TV In-built Wi-Fi
Among the TVs that I found, this one got my eye.
This Infinix smart TV in Kenya is designed with a FULL HD resolution, which means it does a better job of highlighting the brighter regions of an image while illuminating the subtle shadows in the darker areas.
With a 43” display, you have great image quality and a screen large enough for the ultimate movie experience and more Mirroring.
Talking of mirroring, you can actually mirror your smart mobile device’s content and apps on your large screen TV.
With its Android OS, it means you can surf the internet and stream movies through Netflix, Amazon Watch, Viusasa, among others.
Summary features of Infinix Android TV in Kenya
- Full Hd Android Tv 1920x1080p
- Android Tv
- Netflix, Youtube, Facebook, Whatsapp
- Amazon Prime Video
- Google Playstore to Download Your Favorite Apps
- Dolby Digital Audio System
- Chrome Cast Built-in
- HDMI Ports
- Ai 43” Fhd Tv
You can buy it now for KES 25, 999 on Jumia Kenya.
Haier 32” Digital LED TV LE32
For just KES 11, 699, you can be a proud owner of this amazing 32 inches digital TV in Kenya.
Being HD means the images and video will be fuller and clearer than ever. And what that is coupled with in-built DNR noise reduction technology, you will have everything you have always wished for in a TV, a detailed presentation of each pixel.
Also, this 32 inch digital TV in Kenya has picture enhancement technology.
Summary of Haier 32 inch digital TV in Kenya
- Screen Size: 32 Inches
- Display Technology: LED
- Digital DVB-T2
- A-Class Screen: 1366 *768
- 3 HDMI ports
- 2 USB ports
You can have it at KES 11,699 on Jumia Kenya.
CTC 25FR24CT2 – 24″ Digital Full HD LED TV
CTC TVs in Kenya.
This one is here to revolutionize your entertainment. With 24 inch HD flat screen, you can now enjoy pictures and colors as they were meant to be seen.
I mean, watching the premier league or any football match will never be the same again once you have this 24 inch digital TV in Kenya.
It comes with the Wide Color Enhancer, sports mode, and USB connectivity, giving you everything you need to enjoy your time.
Unlike other 24 inch TVs, CTC employs an advanced picture quality improvement algorithm, and Wide Color Enhancer Plus to drastically improve the quality of any image, uncovering hidden details in the process.
Summary of CTC TV features in Kenya
- Digital TV with Screen Size of 24 Inches and Resolution of 1980 x 1080
- Aspect ratio: 16∶9
- Response Time(ms): 8ms
- Auto-Search Channel: DVB-T2
- Supports HD, ATV, VGA, and DTV
Buy it now on Jumia at KES 6,599.
Hisense 32B6600PA – 32″ Android Full HD Smart TV – Series 7
Hisense Smart 32 Android TV ushers you into an integrated world where every part of the image is sharp and so clear you will feel as if you are part of the action.
With its revolutionary technology, this Hisense TV in Kenya transforms those dark and bright scenes into impressive pictures to look at, thanks to their black stretch algorithm.
Summary of Hisense android TV features in Kenya
- Full HD of 3840 x 2160, with a viewing Angle of 176º
- Contrast Ratio is at 4000:1
- Screen Technology of LED
- Aspect Ratio: 16: 9
- Refresh Rate: 60Hz
You can buy it now on Jumia at KES 17,500.
LG 24″ INCHES LED DIGITAL TV
LG is known for its awesome and quality TVs in Kenya. It doesn’t come as a surprise to find such a quality 24 inch LG digital TV in Kenya and helps answer the question, which is the best TV to buy in Kenya.
This LG 24 inch TV in Kenya is powered by a 768p HD LED display which generates amazingly clear, razor-sharp images.
Moreover, with the latest DVB-T2 technology, be sure to get the best and clearest digital TV signals. Never pay for subscriptions ever again.
If you’d rather enjoy movies from your USB flash disk, this 12 inch TV has your back.
Summary of LG 24 inch TV features
- The screen size of 24Inches and LED display technology with HD resolution.
- Supports Digital DVB-T2 and PVR Recording
- Screen resolution or 1366 x 768
- Connectivity of 2 HDMI ports and 1 USB port
- Watch movies from your USB
Get now on Jumia Kenya at KES 11,599.
Samsung UA32N5000AK – 32Inch – HD LED Digital TV
Samsung TVs in Kenya never disappoint. They might cost a little more, but you are assured of quality and durability.
This 32 inch Samsung digital TV in Kenya has everything for the family.
For sports fans, you will the Football Mode. It optimizes sound and viewing so they can make the most of the big game.
And for the family, there is Screen Capture which allows you to quickly and easily capture content like a photo of your child’s favorite animal.
Then there is the Sound Capture which lets the family’s music lovers record audio clips of songs.
As if that isn’t enough, this TV comes with Triple Protector. This features protect it against surges, lightning, and humidity.
Summary of Samsung 24Inch digital TV features
- Screen size of 32 inches and 1,366 x 768 resolution
- TV System supports Digital/Analog
- Supports auto channel search
- 2 HDMI ports and 1 USB port
- Speaker Type: Down Firing + Full Range and a Woofer
Buy now on Jumia Kenya at KES 18,190
Wrapping up best TV to buy in Kenya
If you are still wondering which is the best TV to buy in Kenya, here is the list again.
Another one: Learn How to Spot the Best Smart TVs in Kenya