Last updated on November 22nd, 2022 at 08:42 am
Which laptops are best for gaming in Kenya?
There is no single answer to that question, but this article will give you some options.
These days, there are many different types of computers on the market from numerous manufacturers and a substantial number cost less than 100K.
You can also find a guide on buying laptops in Kenya.
The best gaming laptops in Kenya
The following list includes some inexpensive models with decent specs:
1). Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming (7559)
– Intel Core i7559, Intel HD Graphics 630; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050ti with Max Q technology for increased performance and power efficiency.
– Supports up to 16 GB of memory, includes 256GB Solid State Drive storage or 128GB Solid State Hybrid Drives for quick boot time with plenty more room left over.
Dell offers a 12-month hardware warranty as well.
So if anything goes wrong in the first year you can get it fixed quickly without worrying about any costs on your end.
All this stuff is great but what really sold me was the 15″ Full HD Anti Glare Display that just looks so darn good when I’m playing games like Battlefield V while still being able to watch Netflix or Hulu later on down the road.
- Fit for all types of games and gamers
- Powerful Quad-Core i57 processor, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics card
- Premium design; Full HD display with 120Hz refresh rate. Ideal for gaming on the go
2). Asus ROG Strix GL502VS OC Edition
ASUS ROG Zephyrus GS Gaming Laptop for Gamers that are looking for a gaming experience on the go.
With an Intel Core i67 Processor and an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Graphics Card, this laptop can handle most graphic-intensive games without lagging or slowing down during gameplay sessions.
The display size is also 17″ which makes it perfect for high-level competitive gamers as well as those who want to be immersed in their game worlds while being able to see everything clearly from afar.
- Full HD display with 120Hz refresh rate
- Intel Core i67 Processor
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Graphics Card
3). Lenovo Legion Y520 Laptop
Geared towards eSports players to handle intense gameplay in competitive environments without lagging or slowing down during gameplay sessions.
With a quad-core CPU and an integrated graphics card that is equipped with an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, this laptop is capable of handling eSports games like League of Legends and Overwatch.
4). Acer Aspire ES 17 Gaming Laptop
– 7.0″ Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen, LED backlight panel
– Intel Core i4770HQ Quad-Core processor up to a frequency of 2400MHz for increased performance
– NVIDIA GeForce GTX960M graphics card with GDDR memory and high resolution video output support providing different outputs such as HDMI and DisplayPort – perfect if you’re looking for an all-around machine that can handle work and play!
– GPU Memory Size: 4096MB DDRIII; GPU Clock Speed: 1000MHz; Dedicated Video RAM at Max Resolution 1920x1080pixels: 2048MB onboard shared system memory + 256 MB VRAM 1280×720 pixels from share system ram or more depending on your game resolution
– Supports up to 16GB of memory, and includes a 256 GB SSD hard drive or 128 GB solid-state hybrid hard drive for quick boot time with plenty more room left over.
The Acer Aspire ES 17 Gaming Laptop also has an optical DVD/CD player that can be used to play movies, music CDs, or install games from discs; plus it features built-in HDMI output so you can hook this machine up to your HDTV as well!
What’s not to love?
5). Gigabyte Aero 15X v767c Laptop
– Intel Core i7700HQ Quad-Core Processor: The CPU is robust and offers plenty of power for multitasking, video editing, or gaming. With four cores running at up to speeds of 3400 MHz it will be reliable even when you are pushing the laptop hard with demanding applications
– 16GB DDR Memory: Alongside a staggering 512 GB Solid State Drive (SSD) this provides impressive memory bandwidth which means that programs won’t struggle under load. You’ll also find that Windows startup times are shorter as SSDs have no moving parts meaning data can be transferred quicker than traditional HDD drives
– NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1070 Graphics Card: This card combines speed with superior graphics performance making it ideal for gamers who demand high frame rates and detailed visuals.
The card also offers great cost to performance meaning that the laptop won’t come with a hefty price tag
– HDMI Out: This is an extremely useful feature if you’re looking for a machine on which to enjoy your favorite games or watch films at home as it will enable you to connect this laptop directly to your TV screen using an HDMI cable.
– Windows Hello Facial Recognition Technology: With biometric authentication available in just seconds, there’s no need for passwords and PINs when logging into Windows – removing one of the most common sources of frustration from our lives today!
What to consider when buying a gaming laptop in Kenya
Before buying a gaming laptop in Kenya, consider the following.
a). Graphic Card
GPU, or graphics processing unit is the most important component in a gaming laptop.
High-end graphics cards like NVIDIA RTX or AMD Radeon may not offer as much value but they’re known for their performance and have features worth paying extra for including superior cooling systems which are essential for longer play sessions without throttling issues
The higher the card’s performance, the better your game will look and run.
b). Processor (CPU)
How well can it handle running games?
All laptops have CPUs that are designed for general computing tasks rather than just playing video games.
So you won’t need a super high-end one to play video games.
But you should pay attention to what type of processor it has.
This is because some processors work best with certain types of graphic cards which can save money on having two different components.
The more memory a laptop has, the better it will perform when running high-resolution games.
You’ll want at least 16GB of system memory.
But higher is always better for gaming and you can add additional ram after purchase if needed.
d). Storage Space
How much space do you need to store your saved game files?
Most laptops have either an SSD or HDD storage option.
If you’re going to be playing video games on other systems as well then there’s no reason not to go with an SDD.
SSD allows faster access times while also freeing up hard drive space for general use like storing photos or videos.
Other than that, just make sure it has enough space for whatever games you plan on playing.
Laptops can range in price from less than 50K to upwards of 100K.
The only thing you really need to be aware of when it comes to the cost is that you get what you pay for.
So if your budget doesn’t allow a more expensive model, then just know that lower quality components will result in a slower system.
Another important factor when buying gaming laptops in Kenya is the number of ports available since most gamers prefer wired controllers over wireless.
There’s also monitor compatibility with ports that offer a DisplayPort or Mini-Display Port connector
g). Monitor compatibility
the type of display ports available is an important factor to consider, as well. Monitors with HDMI and VGA will not work on laptops without those same connections.
Heavier monitors are more difficult to carry around.
So if your laptop supports multiple types of connection then it’s worth investing in one with lighter weight components like a 17″ monitor which usually weighs less than 11 pounds for example.
These are just some things you should be aware of when considering what kind of gaming laptops in Kenya best suit your needs.
The goal is always going to be finding the balance between performance and price but there’s no point paying for features you won’t use since they’ll just add to the cost of your purchase.
Frequently asked questions about gaming laptops in Kenya
– How much is a gaming laptop?
It’s impossible to put an exact figure on what to expect here. You’re going to find laptops that cost as little as 60K.
But others could be twice that price or more depending on the specs you want and the size of your monitor, for example.
– What are some good brands of gaming laptops?
Of course, knowing which brand may work best for you depends largely on whatever features matter most in a laptop.
But we recommend looking at Dell, Asus, Lenovo, Acer, and MSI when deciding where to start looking because they’re all top-quality manufacturers with competitive pricing models across their product lines.
Each one has something different from the other so make sure you know what kind of machine will work best for your needs.
– Should I buy a desktop or laptop?
The question of whether you should purchase a desktop or laptop is largely about what the computer will be used for and how much time it will spend on each task.
With this in mind, if portability doesn’t matter to you at all then we would recommend getting a desktop.
Because they’re generally more powerful than laptops with similar specs but can vary greatly depending on the specific model that’s being purchased (or built).
If mobility matters, however, most people end up choosing an ultraportable notebook like Asus Zenbook 14 inch.
It has been shown to have less lag when gaming due to its lower power consumption.
So since this was such an important factor for us we also looked into 15-inch models such as the Lenovo Ideapad 720S (which is compatible with a range of graphics cards).
We hope this helped!
If there’s anything else you want to know about laptops please leave us a comment below!